Friday, September 19, 2008

Sept 19th-Sex in College

I have to say I really enjoyed the sex and the college student presentation. It was very informative but it wasn't dry and boring like previous education about sex. In high school and earlier they would tell you about abstinence and preach all other ways were wrong. As expected this presentation recognized exactly what they were teaching...sex in college. It is going to happen and they taught us what we truly need to know. We got to see exactly how to protect ourselves and even how effective each method of protection is. I liked how they showed us that it is okay to engage in sexual activity but you need to be careful and informed as well. At the same time they utilized the use of pictures of the diseases in order to kind of put a sense of fear into us so we always will remember to practice safe sex. The presentation was interactive and even had some funny moments in it. I couldn't ever say this about a previous sex education presentation. Another thing that was awesome about the presentation was the end. Not in the sense that it was over but FREE CONDOMS!! Does it get any better? I submit that it cannot. And even better, they were colored!!! But all jokes aside it was very informative and even though I went in assuming another pointless sex ed presentation I have to say I did learn new things and came out enjoying what I had just seen.

No comments: